Monday, March 1, 2010

And now it's time for the breakdown...

It’s been a while since my last post. I think I feel like I’ve run out of things to say now that I’m not going to Medi every single week – but I am still a wealth of information highly opinionated!

So I decided to write an update on life in the Wellness Phase – which is basically just my new life. Generally speaking.

This Friday will mark four weeks that I’ve been in Wellness. When I went back for my two-week follow-up visit, I’d lost 0.2 pounds. The goal here is just not to gain weight, so that was pretty spectacular. Woo-hoo!

I weigh in again this Friday and I’m hoping that our family mini-vacation this weekend didn’t screw me up too badly. I guess we’ll see. Even if it did, it was worth it!  We had so much fun, and my husband and I were able to reconnect away from the busyness of life and home.  The time was much-needed!



Without further ado, here is my typical menu and workout regime:


During the workweek, Monday – Thursday (yay for Fridays off!), breakfast is still a Pure Protein Vanilla Cream shake mixed with 8oz of iced coffee and two slices of Morningstar Farms veggie bacon. Snack around 10 or 11 is fat free cottage cheese. Lunch is a Pure Protein Cookies and Crème shake along with some kind of steamed veggie (typically broccoli or green beans – I’m trying to steer clear of corn, peas, potatoes, carrots, etc.) and a fruit (strawberries, blueberries, apples – no bananas or kiwi). Afternoon snacks are string cheese, yogurt and some kind of 100 calorie snack thing. Dinners are salad with a fake chicken patty, or soup, or toasted cheese (Thomas’ sandwich thins are only 100 calories; I toast them and then slap a slice of cheese on it and it’s a healthy “grilled” cheese!). Sometimes I’ll have wheat pasta.



My workout routine has typically been walking on Mondays/Wednesdays, weights on Tuesdays/Thursdays and a Firm DVD on Sundays (which combines aerobics with weights). However…I’m getting a little bored with weight training at the gym, not to mention that I think I need to do more cardio to lose some of my stomach fluff (the muscle is there but the baggage needs to be burned off), so I’m going to wake up at 4:30AM on Tuesdays/Thursdays to do a Firm DVD as my weight training and I’ll get on the treadmill at lunch on those days.



The weekends…oh, the weekends. That’s where it’s hard for me. I do try to make better choices in general, like ordering soup and salad from Olive Garden with the salad dressing on the side and plain breadsticks (sans garlic/butter) and limit myself to two.



But then we go out for lunch and while I’ll order a small burrito, Power Lite (light sour cream, light cheese, etc.)…I’ll also eat WAY too many chips with queso.



Or I’ll have cereal for breakfast, AND a sandwich for lunch, AND pasta for dinner. Oy.



I’m really trying to rein it in. I’m trying.



So, on Friday, we’ll see how well it’s been working out for me. My clothes still feel okay so I don’t *think* I’ve gained any weight.



How have you all been doing with your healthy eating and exercise habits? Do you have any tips/tricks that have worked well for you or have made living a healthy lifestyle a little easier and more fun?

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving your routine! You eat healthier than I usually do lol.

    Today was my first day off the cleanse, so I decided to treat myself and have whatever I wanted. Breakfast was a croissant and hash browns, snack was Girl Scout cookies, lunch was mozzarella sticks and fries, and I'm having spaghetti for dinner. Haha. I don't usually eat like that, but since I haven't had anything I like for three weeks, I decided not to hold back today.

    Most days I'll have cereal or oatmeal for breakfast (tomorrow I'll start adding a banana). For lunch, I usually have a Weight Watchers frozen dinner (I'll also start having a tangerine). For dinner, I usually do yogurt (I'll add an apple).

    In terms of working out, my routine is running 2 or more miles Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I do weights Mondays and Saturdays...maybe Wednesdays too if I don't have to go to class. I do Zumba (aerobic dancing) Mondays-Thursdays and twice on Saturdays. Sundays, it's spinning. Mondays and Saturdays are my psycho gym rat days.

    Lol I'm sooooooo not putting what I ate today on my blog tomorrow! It's our little secret lol. I already announced that I would pig out today, so I'll just leave out the gory details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janexx - I admire your willpower in doing the cleanse, and your commitment to exercise! Make sure that whatever you're eating and doing are things that are for the benefit of your body and health, not just a means to an end (to lose a few more pounds) or *forcing* yourself to eat things you wouldn't normally, just because you haven't allowed yourself to have them. It's all about moderation - baby steps! :)

    You're working really hard and I admire you for that!

    ReplyDelete