Friday, May 21, 2010

Which is worse?

The other day on Twitter and Facebook, I posted a question about which is the worse way to leave for work: 

A. With your child crying, asking you to not go or,

B. with your child nonchalantly saying, "Bye Momma! See you later!" seemingly oblivious to the fact that you're leaving.

Most people said that crying is worse.  I wasn't sure because, see, my daughter usually just says, "Bye Momma!" Sometimes it makes me feel bad, it's almost like she doesn't care that I'm leaving.  My mom watches her most often during the week and honestly, there have been times when I've gotten a little jealous because she seems to prefer my mom over me.  It's like, "Hey, Memaw's coming, see ya later Mom!"

And then it happened.  She cried.  I don't know why or what caused it but when I left for work yesterday morning and got into the car, I saw the front door open and my husband stood there with our daughter at his feet, tears rolling down her face and her mouth yelling something to me.

I turned off the car and rushed to the door, afraid she'd gotten hurt.  When I asked what was wrong, she tearfully replied, "Momma come in! Stay!" And oh, I've never wanted to quit my job and become a stay-at-home-mom more.

Yeah.  That was heartbreaking. I think my friends were right.  That's worse. 

(On a happy note, today is Friday which means it's Mommy Day! It's my day with my girl, since my husband works on Fridays.  If you wanna see what I'm wearing, check out my other blog, A Working Mom's Closet.)

3 comments:

  1. Yes..the crying is definitely worse! My first would cry, choking my neck & have to be pried off. I cried all the way to work & worried something bad was happening during the day (which I was re-assured by a family friend that as soon as I was out of sight he really was fine). My second couldn't wait to leave me any chance he got (and still gets...lol). This sure makes it SO much easier & peaceful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could work from home, but almost everything I've found requires a home phone and a quiet environment. I just want to do things on the computer that don't involve phones. Or...OR...I'd like to not have to work at all so I could stay home and just be with her. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete