Monday, November 23, 2009

A Month Into MGF: My Week Four Update

I really meant to blog on Friday.  And I meant to blog on Saturday.  And I meant to blog on Sunday.

Clearly, none of that happened.  But my intentions were good; that has to count for something.

On the pooping front (maybe that's what I should have titled this post...), baby girl didn't go at all on Wednesday or Thursday, but she finally went all on her own on Friday!!!  While we were at Target.  With the diaper bag left in the car.  But who cares?!  She POOPED! 

Is this TMI?  So sorry. 

She went again twice on Saturday and once on Sunday.  We're doing good.  Continuing (per the doctor's instructions) to give her two doses of Miralax per day. I'm so relieved (pun not intended). She also went this morning.  Whee!

Mom is doing SO much better with her wrist.  She's ready to get back in the game!  Except...oh right...she's having another surgery today.  Bleh.  So, if you think about it, please say a prayer for my mom.  Surgeries are nerve-wracking whether they're serious or not.  Please also pray that she recovers quickly so that she can enjoy Thanksgiving and not be sore and in pain all day.  

Let's get into the Moms Get Fit portion of our discussion, shall we?  

Last Tuesday, James decided to switch up our normal workout routine.  We would work on a machine, then do some kicks (knees, front, roundhouse, etc.).  Then we'd do another machine, then more kicks, then another machine, then elbows...wash, rinse, repeat.  

It.  Was.  Awesome.  My heart rate was up so high that sometimes it was hard for me to breathe properly on the machines, but that was my favorite workout ever.  So much fun!  

The following night was my bi-weekly supplemental injection at Medi.  Since Melissa has stopped doing the optional shot in an effort to start doing as much on her own as possible, I've decided to stop taking that one as well.  Not to mention that it's $10 each time, so $20 a week and $80 per month.  I need to save that money.  So I drove all the way out to Lake Mary for just one measly little shot in the arm that took five seconds.  

As I was saying good-bye to the owner and office manager, guess who showed up for her weekly weigh-in?  JANICE!  We got to give each other a HUGE hug and then I went back with her while she weighed in and got her waist measured.  She'd had a rough week and thought she wouldn't do well, but she ended up losing 2.2 pounds and two inches in her waist despite her challenges!  It was so great to see her and have a few moments to chat in person, and to see her excitement over her happy results for the week.  Go Janice! 

After that, I drove out to Penney's because the kiddo cousins were getting their annual Christmas pictures done for Granny's traditional Christmas gift.  This year we dressed them in Disney flannel PJs and they each had a favorite stuffed animal with them.  And oh my word, their pictures were ADORABLE!!!  We could only choose one but wow...I can hardly handle all the cuteness. 

Thursday was Thursday...went to work, came home. 

Friday was my weekly weigh-in.  Are you ready for this?  I was SHOCKED.

Here are my current stats, what I lost for the week and where I am total:

4.4 lbs - 13.7 lbs in one month
1 inch - 2 inches in one month
1% body fat - 2.9% body fat in one month

Lauren, the MA at Medi, said that I'm doing exceptionally well especially considering the whole vegetarian thing.  What's hard about being a vegetarian on Medi is that the veggie patties I eat have more carbs than actual meat, so I'm eating more carbs than most people would on this plan.  I'm still staying below 25g of carbs per day, which is good. 

At this rate, if I keep it up, I should almost definitely be able to get down to my goal weight either before the 12 free weeks are up or at least by the end of them. I can't wait to wear my real wedding ring again and to fit into some of my pre-pregnancy clothes.  I could care less how much I weigh; I just want some of my clothes back and to wear my rings again!  My only question is this: if I'm almost halfway to my goal weight, why does it seem like I haven't really dropped a dress size at all?  Will that come at the end, all of a sudden?

I've had a cold this past week (and still haven't gotten rid of it), but I still did both of my training sessions with James and still walked during my lunches Monday-Thursday.  I'm not letting the sick ick slow me down!  Well...yes, I did slow my walk down a little but I did walk anyway.

This week is Thanksgiving (in case you weren't aware).  I am NOT going to give in and get off of my plan at all.  I may have a glass of wine or a beer, but nothing else.  I'm bringing my own veggie patty and vegetables and my snacks.  Pat is going to do that with me.  

Speaking of Pat - he got together with some friends on Saturday for a bike ride and rode 23.23 miles!  Yes, you read that right - he rode over 23 miles on his bike!!!  He proved to himself that he's stronger and healthier than he used to be.  His daily walking and better eating habits are making significant changes not only to his weight, but to his overall physical and mental health and general well-being.  He's doing a GREAT job and I'm super proud of him.  He's started his own blog complete with an amusing haiku, free with every post.  Click here to check it out and support him!

On Saturday night we went over to our friends the Whites' house, for a photography session, fellowship and dinner.  Traffic was bad so we didn't get there in enough time to take many pictures before nightfall, but that just meant that we got to spend MORE time with them after church on Sunday!  We finished our photo session, including Christmas pictures, and will probably have them back in a couple of weeks (April, if you're reading this - seriously, this is the week of Thanksgiving, don't push yourself to get them done in one week, woman!).  I can't wait to share some with you!  I probably won't post them here directly but instead will link to April's blog where she usually posts a few shots from each of her sessions. 

Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, Medi and James are both closed on Friday, which is my normal day for both of them.  That means that I won't have a weekly update this week.  I'll go back in two weeks instead. A little sad that I won't get an update this week, but the results should be awesome if it's a two-week jump! 

Please keep praying for my mom. Thanks for your prayers already.

Have a safe and fellowship-and-gratitude-filled Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. I'm crying. For you. For both of you. For how proud I am of both of you. Really A TON! look at how one little contest can change your entire life. huh.

    I also thought that you said you went to the White House. I kinda got excited for a second.

    :)

    Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete