Monday, August 17, 2009

This week should be interesting...

This past weekend wasn't too bad (eating-wise - otherwise this weekend was great!).  It's the first one that we've spent AT HOME in...well...weeks! 

On Friday and Saturday nights, when we'd normally end up ordering a pizza or something else, we actually had face painting (me) and balloon twisting (Pat) gigs at BD's Mongolian Grill.  Not only was our time occupied, but we also got free meals!  On Friday I just had soup (tomato bisque) and salad (ranch dressing- but no croutons!).  On Saturday I had soup and salad again, but I also got a stir fry of peppers, onions, broccoli, zuccini and edamame. 

{We're planning to be at BD's every Friday and Saturday, twisting balloons and painting faces.  Come see us!  Heaven knows I could use the FP practice (perhaps this is why God has given us this opportunity?)!}

We did have bagels on Sunday morning but otherwise, everything else was veggies and the pasta on Sunday night was wheat. 

Now for this week...the problem is that we have a lot of expenses coming up (Pat's trip to Vegas, our move to the condo, LOTS of things we need for the condo) so we kinda didn't have money to go grocery shopping this week.  Which means, we're going to eat the fruits and veggies left over from last week (as long as they're not hairy or brown still good)...but that also means that my lunch option will probably be whatever the reps bring in.  I'm going to make a very conscious effort to have little portions and try to just have big salads if possible. 

For those of you who aren't up-to-date on our plans yet, we are moving into Kathy and Geoff's (Pat's sister and brother-in-law) condo, since they recently bought a house.  It's smaller than I would like, but it will allow us to have our own space and to give my parents' house back to them!  We are blessed beyond measure to have my parents be as generous as they are, allowing us to completely take over their house move in with them while we were in limbo.  We are still kind of in limbo, but we're going to live in the condo for a while until we can pay off some debt and get our feet planted financially.  Our goal is to be back near my parents by the time The Princess starts school, because I like that school district.  Or...OR...maybe by then we'll be in a place where I don't have to work, so that I can homeschool her.  We'll have to see how things work out. 

We're moving in just under three weeks.  Pat is in Vegas this next weekend for his birthday, so my parents and I are going to try to get more things packed up and moved to the condo. We may do a little unpacking as well.  The following weekend is our last weekend before the big move so it'll be a busy one, trying to get the rest of our stuff packed up.  We'll officially move on Labor Day weekend.  Do you want to help?  Please?  :)

On a side note, for the past week I've been feeling like I'm coming down with a cold.  I'm at work today, but hoping it doesn't get worse because I really need to be able to work on getting things packed and ready to move.  Pray for health.  And...speaking of praying, my friend Heather and her family could sure use some some extra prayers while you're at it. 

I'll keep you posted on how I do with eating this week, without the help of home-packed meals.  I'm going to do my best!

2 comments:

  1. Just want to go on record that there's always food in the house and you're welcome to it. It may not be on your "preferred food" list right now, but I sure don't want you to go hungry!! Also just for the record, if it was up to me you wouldn't be moving this weekend.

    You are in my prayers, along with Heather and her family. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww...thanks MOM! And Mel. We love y'all too. I think you're tying food too much to emotions. You need to be more like Jack...a very unemotional eater. ;) really, though...this could be your downfall. Emotional eating. You know, like how I eat egg salad every time I have a bad day. Yeah, like that.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete